You may have noticed I’ve lot my blogging mojo a bit recently, so when I learnt about #Blogtober17, a 31 day blogging challenge, to post one blog a day for the whole of October, I just had to get involved!
The lovely Mandi from Hex Mum has created this fantastic blogging challenge, with 31 prompts for each day of October.
I’m so excited to have a bash at each prompt, hopefully I come up with some good stuff!
So here is my first post…
All about me!
For ‘All about Me’ I’ve decided to do a ‘Ten things you didn’t know about me…’
So here we go!
- I bite my nails. It’s an awful, gross habit but I can’t stop myself. And I’m not one of those little nibblers, they are properly gnawed to the quick. I do it when I’m anxious, bored, excited…pretty much whenever. I might stop one day…but I doubt it!
- I was originally born in Canada. My parents moved us over here when I was around 3/4 so don’t have many memories of living there, but we did return every other year for most of my childhood to visit family. My most treasured memories are those made during those family holidays, visiting the grandparents and my many, many, Aunts, Uncles and cousins!
- I hate feet. I just think they are really weird. I have an awful bunion on my right foot so can never fit shoes properly and avoid sandals at all costs!
- My Mom wanted to call me Isabel, but my Dad said no due to the joke ‘Is a Bell on a Bicycle’. As soon as she told me, I was distraught, I hated the name Jessica and Isabel sounded so pretty! From that point on, I named all of my dolls Isabel and would pretend to be Isabel during role play. It somehow grew to Isabella and as I got older, I told everyone that it would be the name of my first daughter, including my now husband. Luckily he liked the name too, I don’t know what we would have done if he hadn’t!
- I love watching reality telly. Pretty much anything made by MTV so Geordie Shore, Ex on the Beach and my new favourite Just Tattoo of Us. I’m obsessed. I don’t know why, but I find it so relaxing to watch all these ‘celebrities’ to get drunk and silly.
- I have a birth mark. It’s a strawberry mark on my right arm. When I was younger, it was huge, bright red and bulged out of my arm. I was often teased for it, so would always wear jumpers or cardigans in school, even during the hot summers. As I’ve got older, it has stretched with my skin and is now barely visible. I’m so glad my Mom decided against laser surgery, as all it would have done would be change the red to grey, which would make it a lot more visible now!
- I have grey hair. I got my first grey hair when I was around 13/14 and have been dying my hair ever since. My Great Grandma went grey (well white, Betty Crocker Style!) at 16 and my Grandma started going grey (a beautiful silver) at 18. I have decided on my 50th Birthday I am going to dye my whole hair white and just embrace it!
- My music taste is still stuck in my childhood. My kitchen radio is constantly blaring out either The Corrs, Dido or Nelly Furtado and I sing the kids to sleep with classics such as McFly’s “It’s all about you” and S Club 7’s “Two in a Million” (sometimes adapted to ‘Three in a Million’).
- I am OBSESSED with Halloween! I was so gutted when I realised we would not be able to have Trick or Treaters come to our house due to it’s back alley location. We have started a new tradition of going to my Moms as she lives in a little village and going mad with the decorations! I’m so excited to take the kids out this year!
- I am having a massive birthday celebration for my 25th this year. Due to endometriosis, pregnancy or breastfeeding I haven’t properly had a birthday celebration since my 18th! All of my friends are getting dressed up as OAPs and doing a ‘Train Crawl’ (like a pub crawl, but on a train, stopping at a pub at each stop!) I am childishly excited, I can’t wait!
So there you have it…now you know a bit more about me!
If you liked this, why not search the hashtag #Blogtober17 to find some other fantastic bloggers joining in with this fab challenge.
See you tomorrow! 🙂