The ‘Rocking Motherhood Tag’
So I was tagged by Sophie from Mama Mei to list a few things that make you a good mother – thank you Sophie!.
Most have been listing ten, because it’s a good round number. But really, I should have looked through the other posts before agreeing to be tagged, as I’m not particularly the most confident in my ‘mumming’ abilities right now!
However, I’m going to give it my best shot and start with the basics. #youareenough
- My children have a safe place to live and grow…we have worked really hard, and with the help of family, have bought our forever home. We hope our children will always have fantastic memories in their home 🙂
- They always have food in their bellies…I’d like to say I’m a good cook. The amount of times I’ve given my husband food poisoning can be counted on one hand, so that’s good? I’ve never poisoned the kids anyway! Sometimes they eat cereal for dinner, sometimes a full roast dinner. Food = happiness right?
- I give good cuddles…still feels a bit weird having a post just tooting my own horn, but hey, I give good cuddles! I find comfort in being tactile and like to give cuddles whenever possible, even when they aren’t particularly in the cuddly mood!
- I make sure we’re always out and about…I loathe to stay indoors so pride myself on always being somewhere exciting with the kids. Whether it’s a trip to the library, the soft play centre, or the various baby and toddler groups in and around our local area. We keep busy!
- I’m making a change. Argh! So yeah. I cringe when people say it, but it is pretty good of me for being honest about all the crap going on in my life. I have been honest about my emotions from the beginning which has meant I’ve been able to receive the best care and support possible. I am going to get better, and my children will appreciate me all the more because of it.
- I’m also helping others. Along with my good friend, we’ve seen a need in our local area and filled it. I’ve met so many lovely people in the process of setting up our support group, and it truly fills my heart to know we’ve actually made a huge difference to other peoples lives. And we’ve done all this on top of looking after our own children, and continuing to work through our own struggles. Which is pretty awesome when you think about it.
Wow. Okay. So I’m going to stop at six before my head explodes. I’m actually blushing whilst writing this, it all feels a bit cringe but a bit lovely too! My therapist will certainly be pleased 😉
It seems everyone and their dog have already done this tag, so I’m not going to tag anyone. But if you haven’t been tagged yet…why not give it a shot?